Wednesday, May 4, 2016

New and Barely Improved Cover

Here's the new cover for Spicy Science Stories no. 6. Yaaay, now I can finish writing the goddamn thing and be done with this series.

The old cover was pretty much crap and this one has slightly less crap on it. At least there aren't any unnecessary Benday dots, though the pixilation on the background guy bothers the hell out of me.

Let's see, interrupted threesome, scary thing, badly-placed title bar with lame Shakespearean reference nobody cares about. Check, check, and check.

I've got some ideas for how I'll lay out the collected Spicy Science Stories for CreateSpace. If I'm going to bother doing a print version I may as well do an entire interior layout similar to 1940s pulps and play with the illustrations and throw in some old advertising parodies and letters and stuff. Don't tell me you never bought Wacky Packages and read old Mad Magazines as a kid and got way too into the fake ads.

If I can get the computer with my Adobe Suites running I can use InDesign for it, otherwise I'll have to download some open-source thing like Scribus. If I'm gonna crap it up I should crap it up big-time professional style.

When I'm done with Spicy Science Stories I've got two other planned erotica series (serieses?) that should run concurrent with each other, one the new space opera Something Rocket Whatever (title pending) and the other a cheesy one with 1940s co-eds who run afoul of tentacled things and swamp monsters and whatever else that runs loose in the woods near the college.

6 comments:

  1. Make it look like a real pulp with ads and stuff? Great idea! I wonder where you got it.

    I bought a Scribus book a couple of years ago that you can have. I never read it. I suck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had sort of almost maybe thought of it before you mentioned it but it didn't really seem practical with an epub. It'll have to be a print-only.

    Scribus book, woo-hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dammit.

    What are you even doing with a Scribus book anyway? You don't do layouts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've taken desktop publishing classes before and I was thinking about learning to Scribus. I never did.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Scribus is supposed to be pointlessly confusing though I can't imagine cursing at it any more than I already do InDesign.

    ReplyDelete